Personal injury slip and fall cases are probably one of the most intricate of all personal injury cases.
The law about slip and fall cases is known as premises liability law, and these laws differ widely from state to state. An accomplished personal injury lawyer is needed to determine the validity of your case and to gather appropriate information to try a successful trial in court.
The intricate nature of slip and fall cases involves the precise details surrounding the fall. For instance, in cases of water slips in a restaurant or retail setting, if the company posted Wet Floor signs in the area of the water, the slip and fall may not be covered under premises liability law.
Additionally, if one does not know the substance on the floor or the source of the material or how long it has been on the floor, this can have a negative impact on your case.
OTHER SITUATIONS THAT MAY NOT BE COVERED INCLUDE:
– Falls occurring while trespassing on private property
– Injuries associated with falls on the job that are covered under worker’s compensation laws.
– When trying to prove a slip and fall injury, the personal injury lawyer will need to establish a few key points.
– These points include the time lapsed between the potential danger creation and the slip or fall, whether or not the responsible party knowingly left the area in a dangerous condition and whether or not the guilty party should have known about the danger.
– Our Personal injury lawyers are trained in the complexities of slip and fall injuries and premises law. They will be able to sort out the information available and determine whether or not a claim or case can or should be filed about the fall.
– The only way to truly determine whether your slip or fall is covered by premises law is to call a personal injury lawyer today!
– Many areas of the premises law are unknown to the general public but are undoubtedly liable to fall under the premises law. These areas include trespassing cases involving children and slip and fall cases on government public properties.
– When children slip and fall on private property, the premises law recognizes that children are not able to perceive the danger they are encountering. Furthermore, many children are unable to read danger signs and warning posts. In these cases, the premises law states the property owner should have ensured the area was safe for children before leaving the area unattended.
– Public government parks may also be held liable for a slip and fall injury occurring on the public property. These cases are covered by Federal or State tort laws and will need to be carefully examined by a personal injury lawyer.
– If you are the victim of a slip and fall injury, do not accept that it was your fault. Call our personal injury lawyers today and discuss the details of your slip and fall injury at no charge. With the proper legal expertise in your corner, you will be able to obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions About Accidents
Don't see your question above? Call us and we will answer it fast - for Free!
Robinson & Associates is here to help you 24/7. Contact Us Now.
Fatal injuries to the operator of the motorcycle.
$435,000 Trial Verdict
Car Accident resulting shoulder injury and surgery to the shoulder.
Multiple Injuries. This case was mediated in Frederick Maryland after the defense failed to make any reasonable offer of settlement.
$1.1 Million Trial
Failure to Diagnose/Stroke
Motorcycle Accident in Maryland
5 Star Testimonials
"Soy un abogado de discapacidad en Maryland. Conozco a los abogados de lesiones de la ciudad y elijo referir mis casos de lesiones personales y accidentes a Bruce Robinson & Associates. Sé que " Read More
Karen Levian, EsqAttorney
"Perdí a mi esposo de 30 años en un trágico accidente de motocicleta. Él era mi mundo entero. Después del accidente, me di cuenta de que él era todo mi mundo financiero y que tenía problemas..." Read More
Jubilado en florida
"Soy un abogado de bancarrota y corporativo que ejerce en varios estados, incluido Maryland. Como no practico la ley de lesiones personales, remito a mis clientes con lesiones graves a Robinson..." Read More
Ron Dresher, Esq.
"Su abogado hizo el trabajo de Yeoman en este caso, ¡espero que le haya dado las gracias!" Read More
"Tuve un accidente automovilístico muy grave que me dejó en el hospital durante varios días y un largo y doloroso período de recuperación. La compañía de seguros se negó a reconocerme o..." Read More
M.D. Frederick, Maryland
"No sé qué tipo de magia realizó el Sr. Robinson aquí....." Read More
Howard County Court
"El caso del Estado tenía agujeros y el Sr. Robinson condujo un camión a través de ellos." Read More
Baltimore County Court
"Querido Bruce: ¡Gracias por tomar mi caso y ganar en GRANDE! Mi caso duró varios años porque nadie lo tomaría. Lo tomó poco antes de que se ejecutaran las limitaciones y obtuvo lo que me dijeron..." Read More